Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Pilot Flying J is seeking an experienced Retail General Manager to oversee our high-volume retail facilities. You will be responsible for the generation and execution of travel center and restaurant business plans to achieve established standards, sales and profit objectives as well as customer satisfaction. Applicants for this position must be willing to relocate.
The Retail General Manager will also be:
- Ensuring that customer expectations are met
- Conducting meetings with subordinate employees
- Maintaining effective vendor relationships
As a Retail General Manager for Pilot Flying J, you will build, coach, manage and develop teams from a staffing, interviewing, hiring and training standpoint.
Additional responsibilities for the Retail General Manager include:
- Driving sales
- Managing team members
- Tracking inventory
- Providing customer service
- Performing P&L analysis
As a Retail General Manager, you must exemplify integrity and accountability at the managerial level as well as demonstrate excellent team leadership skills. Furthermore, you must be able to work a flexible schedule of nights, days, weekends and holidays.
Additional requirements of the Retail General Manager include:
- Minimum 2-3 years of management experience in the retail, restaurant, grocery or other service industry with responsibility for financial results
- Previous management proficiency in high volume retail with P&L accountability
- Ability to create and maintain a customer focused culture
- Weekly Pay
- RRSP (for Full Time Employees)
- Extended Health Care Benefits (for Full Time Employees)
- AD&D Insurance (for Full Time Employees)
- Life Insurance (for Full Time Employees)
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Extensive Training Program